Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Re: Rappahannock Amateur Radio Association Fall Family Picnic

Hi Wray

I’m so sorry to say I’ll be away the 9/19 weekend in WV at a Frontiersman reenactment and will probably be out of town till early December. I apologize for being a lousy attendee and really do want to be part of a friendly group like RARA. I’ll keep up through Rick and check in at my next opportunity. Many thanks for the t-shirts! They are so nice I hate to wear them and get them dirty!
Very best for a successful picnic!
73! David

Sent from my iPhone
davidbroad@icloud.com
+1.804.443.7822
+44.751.896.2183
wbcci: 2381 ~ arrl: W7BRO ~ CIMA/CGMA

/// notary.live.simulator


On Aug 30, 2026, at 5:26 PM, Wray Dudley <wraydudley@gmail.com> wrote:


To All Rappahannock Amateur Radio Association Members

Fall is coming soon which means that, among other things, it's time for our Club's Annual Fall Family Picnic!

The Date: Saturday September 19th

The Time: 11am - 3pm  This year let's gather shortly after 11am to set up the tables and chairs and have a chance to chat (for hams: "eyeball QSOs") before we sit down to eat around Noon.

The Location:  same as last year, the Hills Quarter Community Center located at 723 Old Saint Johns Rd, Irvington, VA 22480. Your favorite gps nav system should be able to find that. In words, from Kilmarnock, head south on Irvington Road then turn left at the new high school following Old Saint Johns Road around to the Community Center.

What to bring: Your appetite!  RARA will be providing fried chicken so please bring an appropriate covered dish or a dessert to share. 

RARA will provide iced tea, lemonade, water and ice. If you have a particular choice of soft drink, Coke, Pepsi, etc., that you want please bring that for yourself.

"Many hands make for light work" so after lunch please plan to stay for a few extra moments to help clean up.

Please RSVP   We will need to know how much chicken to order and how many tables/chairs to set up so please reply to this email saying Yes or No if you are coming or not and how many family/guests will be with you.  I am going to try to make name badges ahead of time so the names (and callsigns) of you and your guests will be helpful.

I am scheduled to be Net Control for Monday August 31st BigFoot Net.  You can give me your verbal RSVP then and I'll try to answer any questions that you may have.

Many thanks to George Moss KC4GM for making the Community Center available to us!

Your RARA Officers and Board of Directors hope to see you there!

73!
Wray Dudley AB4SF
RARA Secretary

No comments:

Post a Comment